To present a solid foundation for your application or web pages, frameworks are necessary – they help programmers to meet the client’s need easily and speedily without doing everything from scratch.
As frameworks provide high-standard designs and blueprints for the application, every programmer finds this much easier than writing the whole code on their own.
Different frameworks work at a different pace, their features, ways of code written, error reduction with the framework and reliability with language differs. The improvement of technology makes frameworks improve too – become high-performance, faster and provide high security of code.
Framework lets you create a scalable, testable and loosely coupled application. It is also a platform that allows for both monoliths and microservices. You can build CLIs, CRON jobs, GraphQL, MVC applications and Rest APIs.
In conclusion, Nest.js is perfect if you are looking for a platform that allows you to build applications faster, is easy to test and supports responsive applications.
- Modular architecture : Nest.js allows developers to arrange code in the modular block. Modular blocks let the code build efficiently, while modular structure reduces the loading time.
- Fast performance : Node.js supports Nest.js, thus it becomes faster than other options available.
- Microservice support : Nest.js is an efficient and reliable method for managing microservices. Frameworks allow developers to break complex programs into more manageable fragments.
- Testing Support : Nest.js has features that make testing an application easier through the automated testing module. Automation testing enables developers to increase coverage and provides faster feedback.
- Typescript Support : Nest.js supports typescript, enhancing the static coding experience and improving code readability.
Next.js is an integrated framework based on React and Node.js that build and developed by Zeit in 2016, it is open source and a prominent full-stack framework that helps a programmer develop flexible and dynamic websites or applications.
In simple terms, Next.js provides tools and configuration for React that allow you to take advantage of your application’s structure, features and multiple options. Next.js should be your priority when you are looking for a platform that lets you build a website and application easily. It’s simple and hassle-free, with all the features, tools and configurations that reduce the task.
- API Routes : Next.js supports in-built API routes. Framework automatically creates a route for APIs once the field is added to the API folder. Automatic API routes create stable communication within the application you are building.
- Pre-rendering : Pre-rendering creates an HTML page for every page in advance. These features save time as well as boost developers’ productivity. You just have to request a page and within seconds you will have a page.
- File-based Routing : File-based routing prevents the manual addition of third-party components. You can do the same by adding, removing, or renaming the file directory.
Next.js vs. Nest.js : Which one to use?
Next.js and Nest.js both have their own specific features that come with pros and cons. Which is the best option? Answer entirely depends on your circumstances.
One of the differences between Next.js and Nest.js is that Next.js is more like a minimal framework with all the necessary features. On the other hand, Nest.js lets you code the entire server-side application using Typescript and Node.js.
Choose Next.js if you are looking to develop minimal applications; meanwhile, Nest.js is efficient for complex and modular features. In other words, Next.js is for universal applications, while Nest.js is a modular platform that allows you to add dynamic features to the application.
Apart from all these, popularity is one of the key factors that you consider while selecting the platform. Well, both are quite popular. To be more specific, Next.js is more popular, with 38K starts on GitHub.
Nest.js has a wide community of developers to support with plenty of resources. At the same time, Next.js too has a plethora of tutorials, blogs, and videos that will help you get started.
To conclude, Next.js and Nest.js are both quite popular frameworks. Developers can choose whichever they prefer based on their requirements and familiarity.
Before you jump to any conclusion, remember to define your goals, needs and requirements. Once you have a simple answer to these, select whichever platform is suitable for you.
Nest.js is a minimal framework that can be used for any purpose and can work with typescripts as well. Go for Nest.js if you want an easy-to-use interface that offers cross-platform functionality and flexibility. Or else choose Next.js for a reliable, efficient framework with high-performance capabilities. This should be your first choice if you are good at using React libraries and frameworks.
We hope you get a rough idea of which platform to choose