Technology is evolving so our life is, it is not possible to live without this – as it makes our life more easier and comforting. The world gets more as they understand technology more, technology not only simplifies our work but also helps organizations and businesses to grow and look up for better solutions.
Not new but the recent transforming word we hear with every business is Cloud Computing, the single word that transforms the business world on so many levels.
Cloud computing is nothing but providing computer service in one cloud database. It enables businesses to store a large amount of data virtually in the cloud rather than on one server of the company. With this, we can access different software and application for better business communication and innovation for user experience.
Cloud Computing offers different services which are as follows:
Cloud Computing emerged in the late 1990s and early 2000s followed by the emergence of software. The best example of Cloud Computing is Disney Hotstar which runs on the cloud and provides its service based on Cloud servers and cloud infrastructure.
How has the
Cloud Emerged over the last 5 Years?
Cloud originated in the 1950s with the implementation of mainframe computers accessible through static clients. With growing years cloud computing is proving its importance to businesses for their critical problems.
ARPANET was the first official network that digitally connected all the devices so that data could be shared easily. By the year 2010 companies like Amazon, Google, and OpenStack started their cloud services.
In the last 5 years, almost all organizations have started using the services of the cloud. In 2017 Software as service (SAAS) offerings used by organizations are doubled. In India 55 companies were found that were using the services of SAAS.
In 2018 these cloud platforms joined the cloud landscape to provide their services which are -;
During the Pandemic period, the growth of cloud services increased for online and remote services. Cloud technology also saved the jobs of many people and gave them a new method of earning.
Transformation of the
Modern Workplace due to the Cloud.
In these cloud-revolutionized business eras, applications such as e-mail, web conferencing, and customer relationship management execute on the cloud. The importance of working from home has been realized during the phase of coronavirus without cloud services many organizations have not been able to resume their work.
Organizations have accepted the efficiency, flexibility, and performance that have been offered by Microsoft and Google. Some companies have adapted these changes very quickly but some are just executing their plans.
In IT firms all the functions that are used for custom coded and stored in your onsite server rooms are now transferred to the cloud. The strength of cloud computing for modern workplaces are as follows;
- Remote Work Culture- During the phase of covid-19, we all have seen the importance of working from home as it can save us from being unemployed and also our time and cost wasted in reaching the office. Private clouds and VPNs are making it possible to carry your office network anywhere or everywhere. Employees can manage their login through their systems and also benefit from cyber crimes and protect their data.
- Automation Update- Software updates in organizations, waste a lot of time of employees. But with cloud automation service version is provided with ease.
- Removal of Server Rooms- Cloud has removed the facility of server rooms in the office location due to its data management. No need to maintain a clean server room with staff monitoring, because every function works on the cloud itself.
- Protect Logins- It creates a tool to manage remote workplaces with high-security authentication that can not be breached. It develops a factor that can’t break trust no matter which employee is working.
- Upgraded Cybersecurity- Productivity software is ensured full security as all are created by powerful Microsoft. It is advisable to buy full monitoring software for oneself and then control it.
A Solution for storage of
Data Management and Security Issues.
In this modern era of cloud computing, businesses are investing in cloud servers to get great returns and for this, they should know the actual potential of clouds.
Cloud has automation redundancy and security against cyber hackers. It offers great automation capabilities which are in-built tools that produce workflow execution of employees. It can also develop a data lake or data warehouse for capturing data of businesses which is very large. As data should be captured properly by taking less time with the help of cloud servers.
It discriminates storing data in a manual manner and human errors related to them. It takes responsibility for data storage, provides end-to-end visibility, provides insights, and monitors them. In case of any unforeseen events like disasters or floods etc then it has the benefit of data recovery.
Cloud computing developed systems that provide multiple authentications against hackers along with services for monitoring cloud businesses and organizations. Cloud servers have created an infrastructure of Front End and Back End.
The perks of cloud computing in case of security issues are as follows-;
- Security Testing- Cloud providers like SAAS do not charge any amount without giving proof of security testing. They help developers to create their code.
- Minimize Data Losses- They develop a cloud infrastructure where the user can take the backup of the data and it will also automatically be saved in cloud servers. It also facilitates the service that only access ones can download or use the data, it improves privacy concerns.
- Simplified Software Security- As data generation through cloud computing can hinder its security so makers have the responsibility of making it affordable under their budget with high-tech security and its quality should not be compromised.
- Administrative Data- The main aim of cloud-revolutionized businesses want to secure their data at only one administrative place to avoid any mishap. So there must be good security software to collect all the data in one place only.
- Logging- Create logs to avoid storage issues in the functioning of the cloud infrastructure.
Super Problem Saver in
Disaster Recovery is known as Cloud DR. Every organization wants its data to be safe and structured in the case of any uncontrollable event. So, every cloud-revolutionized business needs the best services to back up its applications, resources, and data to be carried safely in cloud servers.
If there are floods, earthquakes, or disasters then they should restore their data, and cloud services provide this superpower. According to the results of a survey conducted by Up Time Institute, 44% of organizations are facing these setback that affects their business. Every organization wants a full proof plan of a cloud-based disaster recovery plan which is divided into three phases – Analysis, Implementation, and Testing.
Five Reasons Why the Cloud is a
Game Changer in the Field of Technology.
Data generation through cloud computing is becoming a trend for all companies. And the best thing about cloud computing is that there is no need for any IT professional to manage it. Cloud Computing is based on Virtualization and organizations are now using the model of Multi-Cloud.
Five advantages of cloud computing are-;
- Innovation- Cloud computing has brought a drastic change in cloud-revolutionized businesses. As they have made it easier for businesses to launch new products without waiting for months. Cloud servers have made all the resources available so they can be creative with them.
- Offers Collaboration- There are various kinds of platforms which had made it easier for firms to collaborate and expand their value. Employees can also work from different places with experts to gain expertise through cloud servers.
- Freedom of Migration- With the rise of cloud revolutionized business era they have options of platforms through which organizations can reduce the workload of employees to other cloud platforms. These can be for brand reputation, logistics, customer satisfaction, and future-proofing.
- Adaptability- As with the trend of adaptability cloud infrastructure is providing every possible service to enhance customer retention and is providing customer satisfaction at its best. As data generating through business requires storage so this problem is also solved as cloud service providers are providing services in which they can add more users to grow their business.
- Broad Network Access- As cloud revolutionized businesses requires data analysis tools to take business decisions promptly so user can access data or upload data in the cloud as soon as they want.
Cloud Computing for Bussiness in Accessing Data.
As Bussiness compete with each other they need to provide these cloud infrastructure services-;
- Software as Service (SAAS)- A software distribution model in which any third party can host the application and make them available to customers through internet access. Examples- HubSpot, DropBox, etc.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)- Cloud Infrastructure provides a model in which any other party can hosts servers, storage, and other resources to provide these facilities to customers. Examples- Digital Ocean, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)- Cloud servers provide a model in which a third party can hosts application development platforms and tools to
make them available to customers. Examples- Google App Engine, Quickbase, etc.
The benefits of Cloud computing changing businesses are;
- Ensures The Protection of Data.
- Sustainability of Workload.
- Self Service Provisioning.
- Better Insight on Big Data.
- Performance Monitoring.
- Disaster Recovery.
- Testing and Development.
The Future of
Cloud Computing provides a very important service to businesses and organizations which is Artificial Intelligence (AI). It has a greater scope of growth in the tech field. It introduced fast-paced service to take advantage of every opportunity.
With cloud servers, it is the first time that organizations are outsourcing their computer needs. But organizations also need to make quick moves in the rapidly changing cloud computing era. Cloud Infrastructure is also providing the best services in the Education Industry like providing online learning content.
As data generating through clouds so healthcare industry can also provide the best help by using data and analytics. Trends of cloud that will rise in the future are-;
- Artificial Intelligence- The main power of cloud servers is artificial intelligence with the help of AI-powered data they can detect trends and patterns which are undetectable and manageable data. In the future, there will be a rise of Cloud-based AI services for cloud-revolutionized businesses.
- Internet of Things (IOT)- As everything is digital and connected to the internet it will increase the scope and dependability of cloud services and create lots of new opportunities in the future.
- Addition in SASE Adoption- All cloud-revolutionized businesses demand a more adaptable service which is SASE. So, in the future growth of SASE will make a fast move as it provides management of all network components in a single platform.
- Edge Computing- As data generation through business will require processing power at the edge of computers and it will increase in adoption of edge architecture because traditional centralized cloud models don’t provide higher performance.
- Kubernetes- As Kubernetes will be a leader in the market of cloud-revolutionized businesses, with the help of Kubernetes a user can increase or decrease applications as per their need. They need to pay for the resources that are in use only.
According to Gartner, 85% of Organizations will be expected to use the first principle of Cloud by the year 2025.
Cloud Computing has been a market leader in the last recent years and remains one in the upcoming years. Cloud Servers have created a unique method to manage the day-to-day operations of all businesses. It is a kind of god gift to IT sectors to make them ahead of everyone.